If you are a citizen or permanent resident of Canada and at least 18 years old, you can sponsor certain relatives to come to Canada under the Family Class. These can be:
- your spouse,
- your conjugal or common-law partner,
- your dependent child (this includes an adopted child) or
- other eligible relatives.
If your family member can become a permanent resident, they can live, study and work in Canada.
Sponsor your spouse, partner or children
If you are a citizen or permanent resident of Canada, you can sponsor your:
- common-law or conjugal partner, or
- dependent children
to immigrate to Canada.
Sponsor your parents and grandparents
- If you are a citizen or permanent resident of Canada, you may be able to sponsor your parents or grandparents to become permanent residents under the Family Class.
- Your parents and grandparents may also be eligible to visit Canada for up to two years at a time under the Parent and Grandparent Super Visa.
Sponsor your adopted children and other eligible relatives
- If you are a citizen or permanent resident of Canada, you may be able to sponsor a relative to become a permanent resident under the Family Class
The Family class category is often amended and contains many exceptions that you should know before submitting your application. Talk to one of our professionals to discuss your case and see how we can reunite you with your loved ones as soons as possible.